Writing, copy editing, reporting, HTML, CSS, CMS (WordPress, Drupal), SEO, AP Style, Microsoft Suite, user testing, Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, inDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Maya, FTP, blogging, Audacity, Windows Movie Maker, Google Analytics and social media. Familiarity with jQuery, PHP, MySQL and Maya.
Streetcar Media: Web Developer, Westfield NJ, April 2011-present
- Manages the digital presences of companies and individuals – notable clients include comedian Rich Vos and Philadelphia-based law firm Cohen, Placitella and Roth.
- Designs, develops and maintains WordPress websites; formulates and executes Social Media Optimization (SMO) strategies.
- Tracks website hits using Google Analytics – Vos’ daily site traffic doubled after site redesign and SMO implementation.
TCNJ Dept. of Public Relations & Communications: Web Content Manager, The College of New Jersey, Ewing NJ, May 2010-May 2011
- Assisted with the transition of TCNJ’s main Web platform from Contribute to WordPress.
- Created and maintained WordPress websites; transferred and updated content.
- Provided WordPress tutorials and assistance to departments.
iVillage Health: Web Intern, New York NY, January 2011-April 2011
- Researched diet, exercise and health trends; copy-edited and fact-checked.
- Produced slideshows and published content to the Web using Drupal; edited images; hand-coded content pages in HTML.
- Helped maintain Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Patch.com: Freelancer, Lawrenceville NJ, February 2011-April 2011
- Covered local news and events for Lawrenceville Patch.
The Signal: The College of New Jersey, Ewing NJ, August 2007-April 2011
Positions held: Social Networking Manager, Copy Editor, Opinions Editor, News Editor, Nation & World Editor, Production Manager, Reporter
- Maintained Facebook and Twitter accounts with posts promoting timely content, increasing Signal website traffic by over 40 percent.
- Reported on campus events and issues for News and Arts & Entertainment; copy-edited articles.
- Managed the Opinions, News and Nation & World sections – proposed and assigned stories, designed pages, wrote captions and headlines.
- Wrote “Cop Shop,” TCNJ’s weekly police blotter, in Fall 2008.
- Arranged advertisement pages, designed filler ads and communicated with business manager and clients.
Courier-Post: Cherry Hill NJ, May 2009-November 2010
Positions held: Freelancer, Online Data Desk/Custom Publishing Intern
- Proposed and wrote stories for Features and Our Towns; researched and updated online database information.
South Jersey Magazine: Editorial Intern, Marlton NJ, May 2010-August 2010
- Researched and reported for SJM and its sister publication, Suburban Family Magazine.
- Called in images for product pages; wrote short blurbs for “Star” sections and calendar pages; conducted field interviews; fact-checked.
- Worked on-site at an SFM children’s fashion photo shoot.
The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ.
B.A. Journalism/Professional Writing, Interactive Multimedia minor; May 2011.
GPA 3.55 / 4.0
Relevant coursework: Dynamic Web Design, Static Web Design, Introduction to Digital Media, Design Perspectives in Interactive Multimedia, Introduction to Professional Writing, Animation, Media Law, Media Ethics, Computer-Assisted Reporting, News Editing & Production.
Study Abroad: Florence University of the Arts, Florence, Italy.
Language, history and culture studies; Spring 2010.
Member of Sigma Tau Delta (English Honors Society) – Inducted October 2009
Dean’s List (5/7 Semesters)
Other Work Experience:
Seasonal Teller, Beneficial Bank, Mount Laurel NJ, 2008-2009
- Received and processed account transactions; assisted customers.
Swim Instructor, YMCA of Burlington County, Mount Laurel NJ, 2005-2007
- Taught aquatic and safety skills to children ages 3 to 11.